Take in this spectacular tropical rainforest adventure from the unique viewing perspective of Skyrail’s Canopy Glider.
Accompanied by a Skyrail Ranger and with a maximum of 4 guests, the Canopy Glider combines a thrilling rainforest adventure with personalised interpretation of the plants, animals and history which surround you. Glide above the rainforest in the open-air gondola and enjoy breathtaking, uninterrupted 360 degree panoramic views of the Tropical North Queensland region.
This premium rainforest adventure is available to only a select number of guests per day, so please book well in advance. The Canopy Glider operates with 2 departures daily. Check in times are: 9:15am (Smithfield Terminal) and 1:45pm (Kuranda Terminal).
Upgrade your Skyrail experience to Canopy Glider: $100 per person one-way (additional fee). Contact our friendly reservations team to make your booking.
- 2 departures daily: (9:15am check-in at Smithfield and 1:45pm check-in at Kuranda Terminal)
- Minimum 2 persons and maximum 4 passengers may be booked for each Canopy Glider tour
- Minimum age is 10 years and children 10 to 14 years inclusive must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum height is 140 centimetres
- Waist measurement must be between 65 and 130 centimetres
- There are weight restrictions for the glider and weight must be provided at time of booking
- Customers must be agile and able to step up 50cm into a moving gondola
- Luggage is limited to one small item plus camera and limited to a total of 5kg
- All items such as hat, phone, camera must be secured to clothing or body
- Passengers will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and liability form
- Cancellation fees apply (Reservations cancelled within 24 hours of travel is subject to 100% cancellation as Skyrail’s discretion).
- The tour will take between two and three hours
- Travel will be on a platform that is fully open to inclement weather conditions
- Passengers must be in good health and not suffer from vertigo
- Pre-booking is essential