Skyrail Trip Planner Cairns
Planning Your Cairns To Kuranda Tour
A Skyrail Experience will take approximately 1½ hours one way, or 2-2½ hours return including time spent at the two rainforest mid-stations Red Peak and Barron Falls. Approximate timings for individual legs commencing from Smithfield Terminal are as follows. If commencing at the Kuranda Terminal then order of the legs should be reversed.
Skyrail Trip Timings
Smithfield Terminal - Red Peak Station
Red Peak Station - Barron Falls Station
- Gondola travelling time: approximately 12-14 minutes
- Distance: 3.1 kms
- At Barron Falls Station: Rainforest Interpretation Centre, lookouts, historical display. Plan to spend approximately 20-30 minutes.
Barron Falls Station - Kuranda Terminal
- Gondola travelling time: approximately 7-8 minutes
- Distance: 1.7 kms
- Arrive Kuranda Terminal
- All gondola travelling timings are dependant on cableway operational constraints and maybe longer than these stated times.
- Skyrail timings do not make allowance for time spent in Kuranda or any other day tour component.
- You can spend as much time at you like at Skyrail’s rainforest mid-stations enjoying the facilities and rainforest atmosphere.
Add more into your Day
Combining Kuranda Scenic Railway with your Skyrail experience
The most popular way to experience the rainforest is to combine Skyrail with Kuranda Scenic Railway, the below map shows where the departure points for each are located and how to navigate between the points for self-drivers.