COVID-19 Conditions of Carriage
Travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is subject to specific conditions of carriage to ensure compliance with our COVID SAFE Plan. It is a requirement of travel that you comply with Skyrail’s COVID SAFE Plan conditions, failure to do so may result in right of refusal of entry and travel.
All guests must adhere to the requirements as prescribed by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway’s COVID SAFE plan including:
- Not to attend Skyrail if you feel unwell in particular if you have any of the common COVID-19 symptoms.
- To provide personal contact details as requested for contact tracing if required. *
- Complete pre-screening questions and declaration. *
- Use hand sanitisation products provided upon entry and during your visit.
- Practice good hygiene at all times during your visit.
- Advise Skyrail staff immediately if you feel unwell during your visit.
- Maintain minimum social distancing requirements.
- Adhere to requirements as prescribed by our package partners and bus transfer service provider.
We strongly recommend the download and use of the COVIDSAFE App prior to travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
The Australian Government advises that some people are at greater risk of a more serious illness with COVID-19.
It is imperative that you understand the risk categories and determine whether travel on Skyrail is appropriate for your individual circumstances.
Advice for people at risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on www.health.gov.au
For those guests who identify themselves within the higher ‘at risk’ groups travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is not recommended.
If you are comfortable to travel with us, we strongly recommend that you seek independent medical advice and consider the risk posed prior to travelling on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and take additional safety precautions.
Travel poses increased health risks to you, therefore we cannot guarantee your safety with regard to exposure to COVID-19.