Wheelchair Access on Skyrail
Skyrail caters for wheelchair passengers with the following:
- Optional use of ramp, to assist with loading and unloading from gondola cabins on the cableway (as pictured below).
- Ramp access to all boardwalks at Red Peak and Barron Falls stations.
- Access to the CSIRO Interpretation Centre at Barron Falls Station.
- Wheelchair accessible restroom facilities at all stations.
The following information details wheelchair guidelines for guests traveling on Skyrail.
- The width of the wheelchair can not exceed 630mm.
- The length of the wheelchair can not exceed 950mm.
- Wheelchairs must be capable of being tilted backwards to enable loading into the gondola. To load a wheelchair, the wheelchair will need to be tipped backwards raising the front wheels and then gently pushed into the gondola.
- The combined weight of the wheelchair occupant and the wheelchair must be of a manageable weight to allow cableway operators to load the wheelchair.
- Wheelchairs must have handles to ensure easy lifting into the gondola cabins.
Use of Skyrail Wheelchairs
Skyrail provides the complimentary use of wheelchairs (subject to availability) during a Skyrail experience. We recommend you contact our reservations team at the time of booking to confirm wheelchair availability.
Wheelchair Access on Coach Transfers
Please note that wheelchairs cannot be carried on the coach transfer service to Skyrail. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please ask for transfer details at the time of booking.