Skyrail Privacy Statement
The following Skyrail statement addresses relevant privacy issues.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is committed to ensuring the privacy of individual’s information. Skyrail respects the need for confidentiality of information and provides a secure framework to protect personal details, held by Skyrail, from collection of information, use & disclosure, storage, security and accessibility.
The Skyrail privacy statement outlines:
- The kind of personal information that Skyrail collects and holds
- How Skyrail collects and holds personal information
- The purposes for which Skyrail collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- How an individual may access personal information about the individual that is held by the entity and seek the correction of such information
- How an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles that binds Skyrail, and how Skyrail will deal with such a complaint
- Whether Skyrail is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients
- If Skyrail is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients - the country in which such recipients are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries in the policy
- Personal information collected by Skyrail may include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and expiry date and your image while travelling on the Skyrail gondola.
- Skyrail also collects potentially sensitive information for the Canopy Glider package - an outdoor gondola experience. Participants are required to provide sensitive information including weight, waist and height. This information is retained for a period of 12 months before being purged electronically.
- Skyrail collects personal information directly from individuals in a number of ways. These may include: application forms, questionnaires, customer feedback forms, e-mail reservations, web site reservations and sales, third party website advertising, telephone, facsimile, correspondence or contact in person.
By visiting our site third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. Types of data may include IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity etc. which are collected for targeted advertising. This data may be used by third parties (such as AdRoll) to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising by visiting the DAA opt-out site www.aboutads.info or the NAI opt-out site at networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu.)
- Skyrail also photographs customers while they are travelling on the Skyrail gondola. A customer's photograph is available for that customer to purchase at the end of their trip. Photographs are stored electronically with Skyrail or with a third party photo processing company. All photographs are electronically purged within 3 days after they have been taken.
- For every visitor to the Skyrail web site our web server collects personal information for statistical purposes. Information identified includes the number of users visiting the site, traffic patterns, origin of users and referring sites. This is unidentified data and no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities. The information is used to assess our web site performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
- Skyrail takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever information is collected or used. If individual’s find that the current personal information that Skyrail holds is inaccurate, the individual may approach Skyrail and the information will be amended.
- Skyrail protects personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information may be stored in either electronic data or hard copy documents.
- Generally, only Skyrail authorised users may access personal information and only for approved purposes. However, customer photographs may also be accessed by the third party photo processing company with which they are stored.
- All Skyrail employees are aware of their obligations under the Privacy Act legislation and Skyrail’s own, specific privacy requirements. All Skyrail employees sign ‘Confidentiality Agreements’ as a condition of employment.
Personal information will be used by Skyrail under the following conditions:
- Skyrail will not use personal information, for any purpose, which is not related to the services or products Skyrail provides to individuals. Skyrail may use personal information to inform individuals of other Skyrail products/services which Skyrail feels maybe of some interest/benefit to the individual.
- Skyrail uses and discloses a customer photograph, taken while travelling on the Skyrail gondola, only for the purpose of making that photograph available for purchase to the customers in the photograph. Such photographs may also be used by or disclosed to a third party photo processing company for this purpose.
- For some customers who book to travel on the Skyrail as part of certain tour group packages, photographs of the tour group members taken while they are travelling on the Skyrail will be made available to download on an external webpage which is accessible by all members of the tour group, the tour operator, and Skyrail. Those tour group members will be able to download the photographs in which they appear. Skyrail will not use or disclose these photographs for any other purpose. The webpage will be taken down, and the photographs electronically purged within 30 days after they are taken.'
- Skyrail will not otherwise disclose personal information to third parties except where it is required by law or where the individual consents.
- Skyrail will not disclose personal information to any third party individual or entity for marketing purposes.
- At any time, individuals have the right to request that Skyrail remove their personal details from any Skyrail marketing activity.
4. How an Individual may access Personal Information about the Individual that is held by the Entity and Seek the Correction of such Information
- An individual may access personal information by contacting the Privacy Officer, who will be the first point of contact. An individual is entitled to correct their personal information in the event they believe it to be incorrect.
5. How an Individual may Complain about a Breach of the Australian Privacy Principles that Binds Skyrail, and how Skyrail will deal with such a Complaint
- If you believe that your personal information has been compromised in any way, please contact the Skyrail Privacy Officer, who will be your first point of contact should a privacy issue arise. Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint in complete confidence and make a formal response to you.
- If you are dissatisfied with our internal complaint process the complaint will be passed onto the Privacy Commissioner.
- Skyrail does not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
If you have any further questions relating to the Skyrail Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us:
The Privacy Officer
Skyrail Pty Ltd
PO Box 888
Smithfield, Queensland, 4878