Conditions of Travel
Amendments, Changes and Cancellations
To secure your preferred date and time, advance bookings are highly recommended.
If you are booking with Skyrail directly, you are welcome to amend your booking (date of travel, direction, tour type etc.) at any time prior to the commencement of your day without penalty*.
Please note that any changes are subject to availability and any additional experiences/upgrades added to your itinerary will require additional payment.
Once checked in, you must travel at the pre-allocated time as indicated on your ticket and changes (including refunds for any unused portions) are not possible.
*A cancellation fee of 100% may be charged for bookings or any tour components (including transfers) cancelled within 24 hours of your travel date.
We do understand that we live in uncertain times, that’s why we offer guests a full refund prior to the day of travel. Please contact our friendly team who will work with you to amend your booking or process a refund.
*Cancellation fees apply to Canopy Glider. Bookings cancelled within 24 hours of travel are subject to 100% cancellation at Skyrail’s discretion.
Contact our friendly reservations team to amend your booking.
Conditions of Carriage
Travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is subject to these conditions of carriage.
Travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
1. Skyrail is not a common carrier and accordingly reserves the right to refuse to carry any person or property where it considers that to allow carriage would compromise the safety of persons or the operation of the Skyrail, or may threaten the environment.
2. Skyrail prides itself on providing very good disability access. However, it may be unable to accommodate a very large or heavy wheelchair. More information about disability access is available on Skyrail’s website or by telephone enquiry.
3. To ensure the safety of its customers and to preserve our World Heritage environment, Skyrail reserves the right to inspect any bags or containers to ensure that the contents do not pose a safety risk or potential environmental hazard.
Other packaged attractions and the transfer coach
4. Skyrail does not operate the other packaged attractions or the bus transfer. Travel and admissions to these attractions or the transfer bus is subject to the conditions imposed by the respective operators, and these may limit or exclude liability for personal injury or property damage. Skyrail cannot be, and therefore is not liable for other operators’ acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise.
5. You accept the inherent risks of which a prudent person is or should be aware when boarding, riding and disembarking from the Skyrail. You should act in a responsible manner while using the Skyrail. Adults/carers are responsible for persons under their supervision.
6. You must act with good judgment and consideration, both for yourself and others, and refrain from behaviour which could affect your safety or the safety of others.
7. You must obey all reasonable instructions and warnings given by Skyrail and our staff without objection.
8. You are responsible for your own personal property.
9. You warrant that you are in good health and free from any potentially adverse medical condition which may affect your fitness to travel on the Skyrail. If you are uncertain as to whether you can give this warranty, you should seek medical advice.
10. Skyrail endeavours to limit any delay or disruption in service. However, where our service is delayed or disrupted for safety reasons or due to circumstances outside Skyrail’s control (for example, due to inclement weather) Skyrail will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from or incidental to any such delay or disruption.
11. Skyrail takes all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of others. However, Skyrail accepts liability for injury, loss or damage sustained by a passenger only to the extent that such injury, loss or damage is caused by its, or its employees’ or agents’, wrongful or negligent acts. Skyrail shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, additional expense or inconvenience caused by or damage arising from: (A) circumstances outside of Skyrail’s control, (B) your own acts or omissions, (C) the acts or omissions of another customer, or (D) the acts or omissions of any third party.
12. Skyrail photographs you while you are travelling on the Skyrail. Your photographs are available for you to purchase at the end of your trip. Alternatively, for some tour group packages, your photo is available to download on a webpage accessible by all members of your tour group, your tour operator and Skyrail. You expressly consent to your photograph and likeness being used and disclosed for these purposes without compensation. For more information about these procedures, or if you do not want your photograph to be taken, please speak to Skyrail’s staff prior to boarding.
Travel on the Canopy Glider is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Two departures daily: (9:15am check-in at Smithfield and 1:45pm check-in at Kuranda Terminal).
- Minimum 2 persons and maximum 3 passengers may be booked for each Canopy Glider tour.
- Minimum age is 10 years and children 10 to 14 years inclusive must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum height is 140 centimetres.
- Waist measurement must be between 65 and 130 centimetres.
- There are weight restrictions for the glider and weight must be provided at the time of booking.
- Customers must be agile and able to step up 50cm into a moving gondola.
- Luggage is limited to one small item plus camera and limited to a total of 5kg.
- All items such as hat, phone, camera must be secured to clothing or body.
- Passengers will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and liability form.
- Cancellation fees apply (Reservations cancelled within 24 hours of travel is subject to 100% cancellation at Skyrail’s discretion).
- The tour will take between two and three hours.
- Travel will be on a platform that is fully open to inclement weather conditions.
- Passengers must be in good health and not suffer from vertigo.
- Pre-booking is essential – bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, scripts and software, is the property of Skyrail Pty Ltd or its content suppliers and protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
- The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Skyrail Pty Ltd and protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
- All software used on this site is the property of Skyrail Pty Ltd or its software suppliers and protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
- This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system in any form, or transmitted by any means without the express written consent in writing from Skyrail Pty Ltd.
- This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Skyrail Pty Ltd.
SkyrailTM is a registered trademark of Skyrail Pty Ltd. The Skyrail logo in its various forms, and other marks indicated on this website referring to name Skyrail, in the form of graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks Skyrail Pty Ltd.
Skyrail’s trademarks may not be used:
- In connection with any product or service that is not Skyrail Pty Ltd without the express written permission of Skyrail Pty Ltd.
- In any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers.
- In any manner that disparages or discredits Skyrail.
All other trademarks not owned by Skyrail Pty Ltd or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Skyrail Pty Ltd or its affiliates.